myRESEARCHnavigators help investigators identify relevant resources, connect with experts, and understand processes and best practices for performing research at Duke.
- Provide guidance on research processes and requirements
- Locate available services and resources, both on-campus and external
- Help find Duke faculty or staff for potential collaborations
- Arrange consultations to help strengthen project design, translation of findings into practical application, and commercialization
- Identify funding opportunities, including federal grants, industry, and institutional opportunities
- Suggest educational and career development programs and resources
- Conduct individualized onboarding sessions
myRESEARCHnavigators are supported through the Duke Clinical & Translational Science Award (CTSA) grant UL1TR001117.
Below are some recent questions navigators have helped solve for Duke researchers:
Who does testing for biomedical equipment at Duke?
Clinical engineering. Let us connect you!
Is there any available funding for pilot projects to generate preliminary data for junior faculty?
Since you are in the SOM, we would suggest the Faculty Flex Voucher. The CTSI also offers pilot funding opportunities. The other thing to do would be to go to the 'resources and services' widget in 'myRESEARCHhome' and search 'funding.' You will see the following option: 'institutionally limited funding opportunities' and 'research funding from ORS'. Click on those and you should be able to see the specific list of funding.
What type of assistance is available at Duke for helping with grant writing, such as grant writing courses or grant review?
There are a couple of offerings through the Office of Faculty Development, including one specific to those wanting to put in K proposals (links provided below).
There is also the Thomson writing center (writers, not scientists). Free one on one consultations. TWC will help create writing plans/timelines, will help with writer's block, sponsor multidisciplinary writing groups, feedback groups. You can start a workshop if you can get 4-5 people interested in the same topic.
DOCR also does free consultations to help you with study design, feasibility, resources, budget development, and some standard template language (if applicable).
Director, Research Initiatives
Help us help you and your team by getting the word out about myRESEARCHnavigators. We'd be happy to demo our services at your upcoming faculty or research group meeting. Contact us today to schedule a meeting with the Navigators today!